WHO BENEFITS THE MOST FROM WOMEN OF WORTH?
Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
WHAT IS THE PRIMARY SERVICE AREA?
Nevada and Placer counties.
WHAT ARE SOME BIG ACHIEVEMENTS?
We opened transitional housing/shelter for women and children, we opened a thrift store, WoW ReShop and we moved our offices and thrift store to a more central location across the street from the courthouse to be more accessible to our clients.
WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES?
Funding, finding qualified volunteers, grant writing.
WHAT IS THE NEXT BIG GOAL?
Increase awareness of domestic violence, hiring more staff to help with the increasing demand for services and increasing community outreach.
HOW CAN SOMEONE BECOME INVOLVED?
Women of Worth has many volunteer opportunities: running the Re-shop, arranging attractive store displays, cashier, handymen, drivers, answering the phones and grant writing.
WHAT DONATED ITEMS DO YOU ACCEPT?
Donations are accepted Monday through Saturday, 10am to 4pm.
We gratefully accept:
- Clothing: Men’s and Women’s clothes, shoes, and accessories: new or gently used
- Kitchen items: pots, pans, dishes, china, glassware, silverware, utensils
- Furniture: tables, chairs, dining sets, coffee tables, sofas, love seats, desks, end tables, dressers.
- Electronics: DVD players, flat screen televisions, stereos, radios, lamps, toasters, clocks, blenders, sewing machines, heaters, fans. Must be in working condition, no damaged or frayed cords.
- Miscellaneous: Books, CDs, DVDs, VHS, LP’s, jewelry, curtains, sheets and comforters, blankets, towels, picture frames, musical instruments, cameras, area rugs, fabric remnants, art & craft items, yarn, home décor.
We cannot accept these items:
- Dirty or ripped clothing and linens
- Mattresses and bed pillows
- Child car seats and cribs
- Books that have been wet or with rodent damage
- Furniture that is dirty, or with torn or excessively worn upholstery